Hope you all are having a lovely weekend.
I love a number of Mac products especially their eye shadows and lipsticks so when I seen a while back that there was now a lip scrub within their range as well it went on my list of products I wanted to try, as although I find when I use my Ultrasun lip balm balm on a regular basis my lips thankfully do not get too dry, they still on occasions have dry patches which I find only a lip scrub will help remove.
The Mac Lip Scrubtious lip scrub (15ml RRP £12.50) comes in a hard plastic colour co-ordinated jar with black screw on top (states 15ml on Mac online site but 14ml is on bottom of jar/box that I got in Debenhams but it was only £12) and is available in the following five ‘flavours’, Sweet Vanilla, Fruit of Passion, Candied Nectar, Summer Berry and Sweet Brown Sugar.
I purchased the sweet vanilla flavour, which definitely smells and tastes like vanilla but still not too overpowering. I would also like to try three of the other four flavours, the sweet brown sugar one has just too strong a smell for me.
Claims to have the following benefits:
- Exfoliates Lips;
- Smoothes and softens lips;
- Conditions Lips;
- Using a fingertip massage a generous amount onto lips in a circular motion;
- Wipe away with tissue or rinse off if desired;
- Use two to three times weekly.
Application / Results
I applied as directed and got v good results but now find making the following v slight changes gives me even better results. I wet my lips slightly before application as although the scrub has an oily base it is still quite scratchy on the lips. I massage in circular motions on my lips for a few minutes and then when all the particles have nearly gone I leave the oily residue on my lips for a further minute or two, rubbing my lips together a few times during this and then I remove any remaining residue with a wet cloth as find a tissue does not remove as well.
The results are amazing, any dry patches are gone, lips feel really soft, look refreshed, so smooth, also feel conditioned and lipstick / lip gloss glides on so easily afterwards, perfect base. I now use the lip scrub at least twice a week and find using this along with my Ultrasun lipbalm keeps any dry patches at bay. The only other lip scrub that has come close for me personally has been the Milani Keep it Sweet Sugar Lip Scrub (RRP £13 for 12g), however the Mac one has given me slightly better results so will definitely be repurchasing it and would recommend trying for yourself.
If you have a Mac counter near you and you are able to call in you should be able to try the lip scrub out for yourself before you decide to purchase. You can purchase from a number of on-line sites, two of which I have included below, however as always check around to see where the best value / offer is if you decide to purchase.
- Maccosmetics.co.uk – £12.50 (15ml) – you will get free shipping, choice of 1 free sample at checkout (maybe more if offer on but usually with a higher value purchase) and if it is your first purchase and use the code WELCOME10 you will get 10% off your order;
- Debenhams.com – £12.00 (14ml) but currently £10.80 as 10% off, however £3.49 UK postage so better to get in store if you can but if you are ordering to value of £20 or over you can order online then arrange to pick up your parcel for free in store if that suits you better, don’t forget to also claim cashback on your purchase as well (currently up to 4% cashback on purchases);
Enjoy the remainder of the weekend. If you are not already a follower would love you to follow my blog too – would mean a lot.
Thank you and take care.
Best wishes Liz x