Another v good offer currently on at Boots and which I got is the Real Techniques by Sam & Nic Core Collection Brush Set which is now half price – £10.99, reduced from £ 21.99 (the four piece starter set is also now half price – £10.99).
The CORE set contains four brushes; the contour brush, pointed foundation brush, detailer brush and buffing brush and a white panoramic case which is a dual carrier and stand. I love the colour way of this set, black and a bright copper , the brand name and brush type is written / embossed onto the handles.
The set contains a:
- Contour Brush – brush has soft bristles although firm enough for applying highlighter or contouring;
- Pointed Foundation Brush – slightly different cut to other foundation brushes – however I found it v good for applying liquid foundation so easy to achieve the buildable coverage you prefer / want with this brush, would prefer the brush a little bit bigger though;
- Detailer Brush – this brush is v good for applying concealer, as a lip brush, or you can also use it for applying eye shadow at the corner of the eyelid to add definition;
- Buffing Brush – I found that this was perfect for applying powder / mineral foundation/ Finishing powder.
- Panoramic Case – white case with a Velcro closure – can be used as a carry case which is a perfect for keeping brushes organised especially for travelling or as a stand which is also a great way to dry the brushes.
I love this set and the quality of these Real Techniques brushes – the bristles are soft enough not to aggravate your skin yet firm enough that they apply makeup v well- they are also so easy to clean and dry v quickly as well. I am v happy with my purchase because as well as getting it for half price I was able to use the points I had built up on my advantage card to purchase set so that meant I got this set for ‘free’.
I definitely would recommend taking a look at this set /current offers at Boots, especially if you have enough points on your card to get it for ‘free’. I would also recommend considering purchasing the expert face brush from this range as I absolutely love this slightly firmer brush for applying solid powder foundation or all over bronzer or even blusher – details for it here. However as always before you purchase always check around on line and in stores to make sure this is the best value available at the time if you intend to purchase.
I hope you found this useful and would love to know if you have already purchased this set or intend to.
Thank you for looking and look forward to any comments you may have – if you are not already a follower would love you to follow my blog too – would mean a lot.
Best Wishes Liz x