I received my August Birchbox on Monday – it is a monthly subscription box which costs £12.95 (inclusive of p&p) per month and 3, 6 & 12 monthly subscriptions are also available. Five personalised beauty treats are included each month and this month’s box theme is ‘Dive In’ and for this month only in line with the Scuba theme, Birchbox have included a Scuba Birchbag, (each member will receive one of four colours – just the zip is a different colour) instead of the usual drawstring bag and outer Birchbox – although love the normal drawstring bag was happy to see a zipped bag included for a change.
This month as well as the Birchbag every subscriber received a waterproof eyeliner in one of two shades, usual product / beauty information booklet, four additional products based on profile and a little sample extra– I received the following in my ‘Pink Pufferfish’ Birchbag:
- Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Mulberry (Deluxe sample size) – Full Size = £10.50 – happy to see an eyeliner included as love eyeliners – you could have received it in either Expresso or Mulberry – although I love brown eyeliners too was v happy to receive the mulberry colour as perfect for my green/hazel eyes – it is a beautiful purple colour which in different lights has glipses of gold, pinks, not as noticeable when you apply on your eyes as when you swatch it e.g. on your arm. Although colour not very strong / opaque when you first apply, it is buildable and easy to apply. I have used by itself and at the outer corners of the eyes and like it both ways, I find it is long lasting, does not budge and definitely waterproof, more a smoky eye so if you wanted a stronger colour could apply black eyeliner first and this eyeliner on top- will definitely purchase in a different colour too;
- Parlor by Jeff Chastain Volumising Lifting Spray – 30ml (travel size) – Full size =£17 for 147ml – This is a Birchbox exclusive – have used a number of products from this range through Birchbox and have been impressed to date so expecting good things and looking forward to using it;
- Balance Me Radiance Face Mask –15ml (travel size) – full size= £18 for 75 ml – Balance Me seems to be a popular brand to be included in beauty boxes / special offers at the moment and therefore have received and tried a number of their products, although I enjoy using their products cannot say I have noticed any major difference to my skin since using them- have used the mask once and although skin felt clean / fresh, did not notice any visual difference to the skin but will keep using to see if results improve with usage;
- Anatomicals the buff stuff Citrus Body Scrub– 50ml (travel size) – Full Size 200ml and is £3.99 – Citrus fragrance but not overpowering – looking forward to using – perfect travel size for a short break; and
- Merci Handy Antibacterial Hand Cleansing Gel – 30ml – Full size £2.90 – ‘handy’ handbag size perfect for travelling although a v strong alcohol smell, similar to some other antibacterial hand gels, left hands soft and fragrance died down when product sank into skin but I found fragrance slightly overpowering at the beginning but did feel like your hands were being cleansed but I will not be rushing out to purchase in the near future.
- There also was a sample sachet of the NUDE Omega Cleansing Jelly included in the Birchbag as an extra – small sample but was happy to receive as an extra as love majority of NUDE products too.
I love the addition of the zipped Scuba bag this month, very useful although the one I received was slightly stained and the interior does smell strongly of rubber as you would expect but it is great to store goodies in. When I first opened the bag I was slightly disappointed, as bag was not that full and the one full size item was small and only costs £2.90 however now I have had a chance to try most of the products although I am still not overly excited by this months products I am content enough, not as good as last month’s, you can see what I got / last month’s review here, but sometimes that is the way it goes with subscription boxes, a really good box one or two months which builds up your expectations and then when you receive an ok box you are very disappointed. I love the eyeliner this month, pleased with the lifting spray and body scrub and although may not be rushing out to purchase the mask and the hand gel will still use them. Although not as good a value as other months, still an ok mix of makeup, skincare and haircare products which I am happy to receive although in future boxes as always I am hoping I will receive more makeup up items.
If you are interested, you can sign up through my referral link www.birchbox.co.uk/invite and you will receive £5 worth of Birchbox points and currently if you use the code SCUBA at checkout you will receive a FREE full-size Mirenesse Glossy Kiss (worth £17.50) when you join – while stocks last. (However please remember this may be sent separately).
Thank you for looking – any queries / comments please let me know and if you would like a separate review on any of the above products just let me know.
Best Wishes Liz x