I hope you all had a great weekend, it goes past so quick and so hard to believe almost the end of June already.
As part of my passion for beauty and fashion I love attending beauty and fashion events and when they include afternoon tea as well that is the perfect combination, not forgetting goodie bags, which I think we all love. So when I saw Suzanne Jackson ( Sosueme.ie) was having another Masterclass in Northern Ireland on 25th June 2017 at the Galgorm Resort and Spa Hotel, Ballymena, Northern Ireland, could not resist and purchased tickets.
Suzanne Jackson is one of Ireland’s leading fashion and beauty bloggers, if you have not heard of her before you can read more about her here.
Tickets for the event cost 75 Euro / £67.30 each and included the following:
- To start Suzanne Jackson give an overview of her background which included her work as a beautician, how she got started blogging, got to where is she today, a fantastic business woman. She is beautiful and comes across very well, genuine, knowledgeable, a brilliant speaker and real people person, in my opinion she definitely was at the front of the queue when they give out those skills;
- Contouring / makeup demo by Suzanne herself using her Contour and Highlight palette – I have both but have not tried them properly yet but when I do will post a separate review on them;
- Very informative and useful skincare tips by skincare specialist Corinna Tolan (specifically talking about Environ Skincare which I am now intrigued about and want to research further);
- Then there was a break for afternoon tea – it was so, so, yummy, food delicious, (sorry no photos as we all tucked into it so quickly as not individual plates / tiers, although not a problem at our table as we all shared equally), only slight negative, but I had found this at most events, delay getting tea or coffee, I understand because of the large crowd difficult to make sure all served on a timely basis but if hotels could work on improving this element it would be great; however definitely would recommend treating yourself to afternoon tea at the Galgorm if you can, as so tasty and beautiful surroundings;
- Makeup demo by local makeup artist LMD, Louise Mc Donnell (further details here) – she is so talented and witty;
- Haircare demo by Imelda Maguire using her weave hairpieces, a great alternative to hair extensions, a number of colours available, check her site here for more details;
- Airbrush makeup demo by Fiona from FMN Makeup and Hair – for when you want that natural long wear look, perfect for weddings or even that special night out;
- Short fashion show featuring high street brands, followed by prize draw and award of gorgeous prizes.
As you can see it was a day packed with demos, informative talks, it was obvious a lot of thought had went into the day, v well planned by Suzanne Jackson and all her team / family and definitely worth the ticket price. I would highly recommend attending any future Sosueme.ie events if you can, as they are very well run, informative as well as being very professional. Suzanne and her team do an excellent job, real family affair and all very approachable which makes it that bit more special.
Now onto the goodies we got (so, so impressed with the goodie bag and love that there a number of new brands, products for me to try), which if you are like me is what you also look forward to seeing:
Firstly on the table was An Avoca gift bag for each person containing a beautiful Avoca No7 Wild Meadow fragranced soap (40g) and a Maria Lucia Bakes Granola.
The goodie bag itself – (was at an earlier Sosueme.ie event and the goodie bag there was good one but this one is even better, included photo of the other goodie bag underneath as well to see what you think).
- SOSU Nail Polish Remover Lemon & Lime 150ml;
- SOSU Pro Blender & Complexion Sponge;
- Human and Kind Wash Off Facial Cleanser 100ml with Deep Cleansing Cloth (will do a separate post on this soon);
- Powder ‘n’ Pout – The Bullet P325;
- Primark Lip Laquer in Pink (different products included in goodie bags);
- Wet n Wild Kohl Eyeliner in Baby’s Got Black;
- Wet n Wild Megaslicks Lip Gloss in Berried Treasure;
- Suu Balm Fast Itch Relieving Moisturising Cream 15ml;
- Flomar Colour Stretch Eyeshadow in Future White 5g;
- Good 4U Super Seed Snack with Cranberry & Apricot 25g;
- Urban Veda Purifying Complete Discovery Set, which came in a beautiful drawstring pouch and contained the following items; Purifying Body Lotion, Body Wash Body Scrub all 50ml, Facial Wash & Polish 20ml each and Day Cream 10ml – what a great way to try this range will also do a separate post when I get the chance to try properly; and lastly
- 2 vouchers for the The Spa at Galgorm; £20 off treatments and day spa packages and £10 Gift Voucher – cannot wait to use as well.
Goodie Bag below which I got at a Sosueme.ie event in Dublin, held earlier this year:
Hope you enjoyed reading about the event and seeing what was in the goodie bags – welcome any comments and love to know if you would like to read about any future events I attend as well.
If you are not a follower would love you to subscribe / follow my blog too would mean a lot.
Best Wishes Liz x
Insert – Credit Sosueme.ie