I am delighted to let you know my blog was v kindly nominated for the ‘Blogger Recognition Award’ recently by Jennifer from Jennifer Hughes Reviews. I was v surprised and honoured to have been nominated by this lovely lady – thank you so much Jennifer, means a lot. Jennifer’s blog is informative and beautiful and if haven’t got round to checking it out yet, you need too as you won’t be disappointed.
I started my blog at the end of June 2016 and since then have been very lucky to have the opportunity to work with a number of amazing people / companies. I have also been delighted to have had the opportunity to meet a few bloggers and hoping to get the chance to meet many more before the end of 2017.
If you are not familiar with the Blogger Recognition Award, it is an award that is given out by bloggers to other bloggers. It is a way for bloggers to recognize and support each other. There is a lot more than just writing that goes on behind the scenes to have a blog become successful. This award helps recognize that hard work and I couldn’t be more proud to be part of this community!
There are few things I have to do before accepting the award:
- I must thank the blogger Jennifer who kindly nominated me and provide a link to her blog
- I must write a post to showcase the award.
- I must write a story about why or how I started my blog.
- I must give new bloggers at least two pieces of advice.
- I must select fifteen other bloggers to receive the award from me.
- I must leave a comment on my nominees’ blogs to tell them about the award, and provide a link to this post.
How Beauty Fashion Chit Chat Started
I just love beauty and fashion and have always thought about starting a blog, for approximately 7 years prior to starting it, but as you need to dedicate time to it and as any spare time I had outside work before end of 2015 was precious time I needed and wanted to spend with my family (nothing more precious than family time), especially our children, and our parents, I never got round to starting it.
However after my precious, beautiful, kind Father who had dementia for a number of years and who we all were so lucky / honoured to be able to care for at home v, v sadly passed away at the end of 2015 I knew I needed to get a hobby to help fill my spare time, help take my mind off things. As I always wanted my own blog I decided this was the perfect time to get it started, not just talk about doing it, so that is how my Beauty Fashion Chit Chat blog came about – decided on the name as just wanted to chit chat about things I loved.
I was apprehensive about starting my blog but as I am a positive person and believe the glass is always half full I went ahead as thought this was the perfect hobby and something I knew I would love doing.
One year later and I am so glad I did, cannot believe how many followers I already have (I know to some not that many but to me more than I expected at this stage without really promoting it too much). I find it so therapeutic, it helps take my mind off things and I just love doing it, especially when I receive such positive feedback from followers and getting this blog recognition award from Jennifer has made it extra special.
I still have so much to learn, want to do and cannot wait to see what the future holds.
Advice To New Bloggers
- It is never too late to start a blog, so if it is something you really want to do, go for it and blog about what you are passionate about & love, do it for you and all the hard work will pay off and it will not be long until you see the benefits.
- Join other social media outlets if you haven’t already, I personally love instagram and find facebook groups really helpful as well.
And The Nominees Are…
- Brooke Clarke
- Tales of Belle
- Forever Scarlet
- The Style Guide Blog
- Kitty’s Closet and More
- LisaLise Natural Skincare
- My Days NI
- Which Beauty Box UK
- Grace with Love Blog
- Amy Louise Blogs
- Alicia Grace Brown
So many excellent bloggers and hard to limit it to just 15 – Congratulations to you all and best wishes for the future – Happy Blogging.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Thank you and take care.